Aids and Adaptations are repairs which help people continue to live independently and comfortably in their homes for as long as possible. An example of the kind of work aids and adaptations include are installing handrails and/or stair lifts to a property. Following the approval of a customer’s adaptation request the categories below will apply:
- Category 1: completed within 24 - 36 hours. An example of category 1 would be carrying out minor alterations to allow customers to be discharged from hospital
- Category 2: 15 working days e.g. grab rails, lever taps
- Category 3: 30 working days e.g. ramped access
- Category 4: 6 weeks e.g. stair lifts
- Category 5: 6 months e.g. level access showers
We will service all our customers’ stair lifts / vertical lifts and ceiling track hoists twice a year.